Cardiovascular diseases represent a major health problem.Prevention as well as proper treatment are of paramount importance.
The services of the Cardiology department are:
- Cardiovascular risk assessment and treatment of hypertension and high cholesterol levels
- Follow up of patients with heart failure, arrythmias (irregular heart rhythm), valvular disease (leaky heart valves), as well as following uppatients after MI (myocardial infarction- heart attack) and coronary artery by-pass surgery.
- Colour doppler heart scan, using a state-of-the-art ultrasound scan equipment.
- Heart trace (ECG).
- 24-hours as well as longer duration holter monitors to check for irregular heart rhythm.
- 24-hours blood pressure monitor.
- Treadmill test.
- Ultrasound scans (heart echo) and heart trace (ECG) can also be performed at home if necessary, using the same equipment, without any compromise in the quality of the examination.